Before You Say I Do

Monday, October 24, 2011

{Vendor Spotlight} Pure Bliss Photography

.
.


Please give us an overview of your business:
My name is Kelly Faulkner and I am the photographer/owner behind Pure Bliss Photography.  My focus is on weddings and portraiture in upstate New York and the surrounding regions.  I currently shoot on location and prefer natural light.  My style is a mixture of both posed and photojournalism.       

How long have you been in business?
About 5 years.  Although I like to think that my learning started when I got my first 35mm back when I was only 8 years old – but I’m not telling how long ago that was!   I started out in Las Vegas, Nevada and have recently relocated to upstate New York.  

When you are not taking photos you can be found......
Not taking photos??!!   Ha – then I’m either with my daughter, in front of the computer or dancing in my living room.  Or maybe doing all three at once!  Oh yeah, and once in awhile I might be with some guy known as my hubby.   

What or who inspires you?
I have two very different inspirations.   One is John Michael Cooper from Alt-f Photography in Las Vegas, Nevada.   I fell in love with his work from the moment I saw it and became an instant fan.  He is my photography God.   

My other inspiration would be one of my own personal quirks.  It sounds odd, but I’ve always been fearful that I would forget some of the most important moments in my life.  And by important, I mean my daughter’s first smile, the look my husband gives my daughter when they are playing, the laughs that I’ve shared with many friends….  Those moments are ones that I cherish and that I want to remember forever.  Time goes by so quickly – and there are too many moments where I just want time to stop.  So here I am – capturing them, for myself & for others.

Do you have any funny wedding stories to share with us?
I was at a wedding rehearsal and everyone was learning their places and having fun.  Everyone except for the ring bearer that is – he wasn’t exactly making it all the way down the aisle.   It was assumed that when it came to the big day that he would do just fine.  So his big moment came, and he started to walk down the aisle…slowly…his head looking straight down at his feet the entire time.   But hey, at least he was walking…until he got halfway.  He froze in his tracks and started backing up, without changing his position.  He walked backwards all the way back down the aisle, his head still looking down the whole time!   It was a riot!  Just goes to show that you can plan out every little detail, but you never really know what will happen on the big day!

Do you have any advice for couples planning their wedding?
Go with your gut when booking vendors.   That little voice inside your head that is saying, “Book them!”  or “Run!” is probably a better indicator than you think.   Try to enjoy the many moments throughout your day.  It’s easy to get caught up in the details, but try to pause, look at the one you love and really enjoy each other on your wedding day.   That’s why you’re there after all! 

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
Pure Bliss Photography is the realization of my dream.   To do what I love for a living.  I am reminded of how fortunate I am every time I have the pleasure of shooting a wedding, family portraits, etc.   I feel very lucky & I hope to be able to continue to pursue my dream for a very long time…







Email
Phone
Website





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts