Before You Say I Do

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wedding Day Coordination Contest Winners!

;
;
I am happy to finally be able to announce the winners of our annual Wedding Day Coordination Contest. Devin Simoncavage and Matt Kahan will be getting married on February 16, 2013 at The Hall of Springs in Saratoga.


I absolutely loved the fact that Devin is a 4th grade school teacher and Matt is a Police Officer for  NYPD. What a great way to give back to two people who spend their lives helping our community and teaching our children!




Devin & Matthew's story~


Matt and I met in Plattsburgh, New York when we were both college undergraduate students.  He was the captain of the baseball team and I fell in love the first time I heard his loud mouth and beautiful eyes.  We dated all through college, enjoying classes and parties together.  We started dating in 2005 and Matt proposed July 2nd, 2011 in Fish Creek, NY while we were camping with my family for the 4th of July (his favorite holiday).  He got down on one knee after a day of boating and sun, by the camp fire in front of my family and friends.  I thought he was messing with me (as he has done many times before, like in Target in the soap aisle) so I didn't think he was being serious until I saw my mom crying from the other side of the camp chairs. 


Matt is from Long Island and I am from Stillwater, New York.  I moved down to Long Island over the summer and found a teaching job (thankfully!).  I teach 4th grade in Floral Park, NY and Matt is a NYPD police officer in South Jamaica, Queens. 


Our theme is "Old Hollywood/the 1920's" and our colors are black and white.  Matt and I LOVE the roaring 20's: the clothes, the mood, the decor, etc!  We wanted to incorporate that into our wedding day, without making it like a Halloween costume party.  I have just begun searching for ways to bring the 1920's to life at our reception.  We have one vendor chosen so far, Scott Kretshman Photography!  Matt and I met with Lisa & Scott and knew they were right for our day!  We are having an interfaith ceremony (Matt is Jewish, I am Catholic) with a priest and a rabbi (Rabbi Sugarman of Saratoga, Springs NY).


We would loveeee to win this contest because we are having our wedding upstate in Saratoga Springs, NY so I am doing the wedding planning from 4 hours south!  I could absolutely use the help when it gets down to the nitty gritty.  Please choose us! :-)


Congratulations Devin and Matt. I am looking forward to working with you!

1 comment:

Popular Posts