Before You Say I Do

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Vendor Showcase} Trisha Millier Photography

.



Please give us an overview of your business:
Trisha Millier Photography specializes in natural light photography, weddings, events, and location portraiture in New York, New England, & worldwide. I offer a host of finishing services including album design, custom printing, and online wedding galleries and I work with a wide range of eco-friendly vendors too!

How long have you been in business?
As of this year, I have been photographing weddings and events for over a decade.



What is your favorite thing about what you do?
I truly love every aspect of what I do, but Iʼd say one of the best parts of the job is connecting with couples and hearing about how they met. Each story is so unique! Itʼs also such a privilege to share in a couple’s special stolen moments and immortalize them in images.

If you weren’t a photographer what would you be doing for a living?
In another life I would have perhaps been a writer, an abstract painter, or a play actor….. with a camera ;-)



When you are not taking photos you can be found......
Hanging out with family and friends or planning the next vacation. I really value time spent with loved ones and I love exploring different places and learning about other cultures.

What or who inspires you?
Love. Strength. The human condition. I am inspired by everything around me. My family, my friends, travel, music, books, and art all find their way into my work. They all impact how I see people and things through my lens or how I approach photographing certain moments.



Do you have any funny wedding stories to share with us?
Oh boy, too many! I will say that if you ever opt to have a dog in a wedding ceremony, be sure the pooch is on board with the plan! I remember one event where a wily & leash-less tuxedo-clad Shepherd was to be the ring bearer at a ceremony held on the beach. He thought he was there for a free-style swim and launched into the ocean, rings and all! Luckily the dog and the rings were rescued by the Best Man… a part-time lifeguard.



Do you have any advice for couples planning their wedding?
Start planning early. It is not uncommon for wedding venues and vendors to book a year in advance or more. Selecting your photographers, caterers, DJs, etc. can sometimes be daunting but donʼt be afraid to ask questions! It is important to choose someone whom you connect with and feel will do the best job bringing your wedding day vision to life. Donʼt lose sight of what all the planning is for. Remember that your wedding is your union and a celebration of your love. And above all, donʼt forget to relax on The Big Day!



Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I am a huge fan of the unusual, the funky, and the quirky & I love getting emails about not-so-common photography requests, so please donʼt hesitate to ask!




Phone: 518.683.4999



Location: Ballston Spa, NY

.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts